Tendon and Connective Tissue Injuries
Our bodies contain various tissues to help us move about. Tendons are cords of strong but flexible tissue, much like a rope. Tendons join muscles to bones. Tendons enable the movement of limbs. Tendons also aid in reducing muscle injuries through their absorption of some impact to muscles from running, jumping or moving around in general.
Some Tendon Issues include
- Tennis Elbow. It causes pain in the backside of the elbow and forearm, along the thumb side when the arm is alongside the body with the thumb turned away.
- Rotator cuff tendonitis. This is also known as biceps tendonitis. It’s a shoulder disorder. It causes inflammation of the shoulder capsule and related tendons.
- DeQuervain’s Syndrome. This is the most common type of tenosynovitis disorder. It causes swelling in the tendon sheath of the tendons of the thumb.
- Trigger finger. The tendon sheath becomes inflamed and thickened. This makes it hard to extend or flex the finger or thumb. The finger or thumb may lock or “trigger” suddenly.
- Achilles tendinitis is injury caused by over usage of the Achilles tendons which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone.
Bursitis is inflammation of a bursa. The bursae are closed, fluid-filled sacs which work to cushion and provide a gliding surface to minimizing friction between tissues in the body. The major bursae are found beside tendons near the large joints of the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.
Capsulitis is a condition of inflammation of a joint capsule. Joint capsules help your joints to function correctly. Most commonly occurring in the shoulder or toe, capsulitis can lead to substantial discomfort. The condition can lead to dislocation of the affected joint and is referred to as pre-dislocation syndrome, which can develop in people of all ages.
Method of action
The anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the modalities in these devices compound to provide a powerful relief from the discomfort these conditions can cause, in the case of Soniclife and Genesis this can be increased with the inclusion of TENS, in addition to the devices’ abilities to provide tissue regeneration and improved blood circulation allowing the body to recover and get back to normal as quickly as possible.